LEAP Academy Teacher Fellowship Program Accepting ApplicationsSeptember 7, 2017
The LEAP Academy Teacher Fellowship Program is for college seniors, (pending graduation by June 1, 2018) or recent graduates interested in entering the teaching field. The program is designed to prepare talented professionals with academic backgrounds in STEM, Spanish, and English, who are interested in teaching in an urban environment with one of the best performing schools – LEAP Academy.
The LEAP Academy University Charter School is a kindergarten through 12th-grade (K-12) public charter school that serves Camden City with one core principle: all children and families deserve access to a quality public education. LEAP offers a comprehensive academic curriculum with an emphasis on college readiness, STEM careers and global citizenship.
Fellows under this program will receive an intensive training that includes face-to-face seminars, webinars and projects designed to improve the overall skill level as a beginning teacher. As a fellow, you will receive support, exposure and coaching to enter a profession where you can make a difference in an urban setting. The program places you on a track to excellence and provides you with a preferred opportunity to gain full time employment at LEAP Academy for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Must be interested in teaching the Urban Learner
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or better
- Must have a strong record of academic achievement in your field
- Must be committed to excellence and the mission of LEAP Academy
- Must be available to attend seminars during the school year
- Access, training and exposure to teaching in the an urban environment
- A monetary stipend upon completion of the fellowship program
- Priority on employment with the LEAP Academy (pending a positive evaluation of the fellowship and excellent academic credential for teaching). The following positions are available at LEAP for permanent teaching:
- $43,000 for recent graduates with no certification
- $50,000 recent college grads with Certification
- $55,000 recent college grads with Master’s Degree
For more information, please contact:
Thao Tran, Senior Program Coordinator at 856-225-6680 or email@example.com
If you are interested and qualified, apply here!